Ahi Poke Salad with Camellia Oil Aioli
(Makes 4 servings)
Dressing : Ingredients1/4 cup lemon juice or seasoned rice vinegar
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon -plum sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup Camellia oil
10 oz sashimi grade tuna, cut into ½-inch cubes
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into ½-inch cubes
½ cup small diced, peeled and seeded ripe tomato
½ cup small diced, peeled and seeded cucumber
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
1 cup Camellia oil aioli (recipe below)
1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Place all dressing ingredients in a jar and securely close lid. Shake until well combined.
- Place tuna in a bowl, add just enough dressing to lightly coat; gently toss to combine.
- Place avocado, tomato, cucumber and green onion in a bowl, add dressing; toss to coat.
- To serve, garnish plate with aioli. Spoon one quarter of avocado-tomato-cucumber salad onto a plate in a small mound; top with one quarter of tuna poke. Sprinkle with pine nuts on top. Repeat with remaining servings.
Camellia Oil Aioli : Ingredients
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoon sriracha chili sauce
1 tablespoon oyster-flavored sauce
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
3/4 cup Camellia oil
- In a jar wide enough to fit an immersion blender, add all ingredients except oil. Add oil, one-fourth cup at a time; insert blender and start blending. While blending, continue streaming in remaining oil until all the oil is added.