Camellia Oil Festive Cookies
(Makes about 40 cookies)
Ingredients2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups powdered sugar, divided
¾ cup finely chopped walnuts
½ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup Camellia oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon matcha powder
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, ½ cup powdered sugar, chopped walnuts and salt. Place remaining powdered sugar in a large bowl; set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine oil and vanilla extract. Drizzle into flour mixture. Stir until a soft dough forms.
- Roll dough into ¾-inch diameter balls and place on cookie sheets, 1 inch apart. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are golden brown.
- While cookies are hot, roll them in reserved powdered sugar. When rolled cookies are cool, roll them again in powdered sugar. Use more powdered sugar if necessary. Dust the tops with matcha powder for garnish.