Sous Vide Poached Chicken with Sichuan Peppercorn Sauce
Sous Vide Poached Chicken with Sichuan Peppercorn Sauce(Makes 4 servings)
Ingredients2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons Camellia oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
¼ cup Camellia oil, divided
¼ cup chopped green onions
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
½ teaspoon Sichuan peppercorn powder
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or Chinese black vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
Sliced green onions and cilantro
- Place chicken, oil, salt and pepper in a re-sealable plastic bag*. Push out excess air from the bag and seal bag securely.
- Set sous vide temperature to 150 o F. Lower sealed bag into a large pot of water, making sure chicken is completely submerged. Cook for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add green onions, ginger, garlic, chili garlic sauce and Sichuan peppercorn powder. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add soy sauce, vinegar and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- When chicken is done, remove from bag and pat dry with paper towels. Slice chicken into serving-size pieces and arrange on a serving plate.
- Heat remaining oil until smoking. To serve, pour sauce over chicken then drizzle hot oil over top. Garnish with green onions and cilantro.
Note: *Make sure to use BPA-free bags. Gallon-sized bags work well for this recipe.