Dragon Well Tea Shrimp in Bibb Lettuce Cups
Dragon Well Tea Shrimp in Bibb Lettuce Cups(Makes 4 servings)
1 teaspoon chopped ginger
¾ pound small raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon egg white
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup water
1 teaspoon Dragon Well Long Jing tea leaves
2 tablespoons Camellia oil
4 bibb or butter lettuce leaves
1 tablespoon steeped and air-dried tea leaves, deep-fried until golden crisp
- In a small bowl, place dry sherry and ginger; let steep for 10 minutes.
- Rinse shrimp in cold water, pat dry and place shrimp in a bowl. Add one tablespoon of the steeped rice wine, salt, egg white and cornstarch; stir to mix well.
- Bring water to just under a simmer, about 190 o F. Place in a cup and add tea leaves; let
- Place a stir-fry pan over high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat sides. Add shrimp and stir-fry until shrimp start to turn pink, about 1 minute. Add remaining steeped rice wine, 2 tablespoons of the steeped tea and a few tea leaves, saving remaining leaves for garnish. Toss with the shrimp for 1 minute.
- To serve, place a mound of shrimp in each lettuce leaf cup. Top with a few fried tea leaves. Serve immediately.