Camellia Oil Bruschetta
16 thin slices baguette, or country-style bread
1/3 cup dried small cloud ear mushrooms, soaked to soften and shredded
1 ripe tomato, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup finely chopped Persian or English cucumber
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon chopped green onion or chives
1 Chinese sausage, thinly sliced and pan-fried until crisp
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil and salt.
- Brush each slice of bread lightly with garlic oil and grill (or broil) on both sides until golden brown. Reserve extra garlic oil.
- Blanch cloud ear mushrooms in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes; drain. In a bowl, combine cloud ear mushrooms, tomato, cucumber, vinegar, ketchup, cilantro, green onion and reserved garlic oil. Toss to combine well.
- To serve, spoon some tomato mixture over each grilled bread slice and garnish with sausage.