Baked Salmon with Camellia Oil Black Bean Sauce
Baked Salmon with Camellia Oil Black Bean Sauce(Makes 4 servings)
1 lb salmon fillets, cut into 4 pieces
I lb mountain yam (鮮淮山), peeled and cut into ½-inch thick slices
12 pieces asparagus, tough ends removed
2 tablespoons Camellia oil
1-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster-flavored sauce
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons Camellia oil
2 tablespoons salted black beans, rinsed and lightly mashed
1 tablespoon finely minced ginger
1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
¼ cup chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 475 o F.
- Arrange salmon fillets, mountain yam and asparagus on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, soy sauce and oyster-flavored sauce; stir to mix well. Brush oil mixture over salmon and vegetables, making sure to coat all sides. Sprinkle black pepper over fish and vegetables.
- Bake in preheated oven until vegetables are lightly browned and fish is done, about 8 minutes; keep warm.
- To prepare sauce: In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add black beans, ginger and garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 - 2 minutes. Add green onions, red pepper flakes, dry sherry, soy sauce and sugar. Cook until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add cornstarch solution; cook, stirring, until sauce thickens slightly.
- To serve, pour black bean sauce over salmon or serve on the side.